Fumigation Films - Broadcast & Row Mulch
Maximize Field Performance. . . .”It all comes down to the film.”
Raven VaporSafe® is a unique seven layer co-extruded barrier fumigation film made from very flexible high strength polyethylene and an inner core of gas impermeable EVOH barrier resin. VaporSafe® soil fumigation barriers bring leading TIF™ film technology into a common sense approach to success. As the industry moves away from methyl bromide used to control weeds, pests and diseases, the need for a totally impermeable film (TIF) has become a necessity. VaporSafe® (TIF) fumigation films provide proven performance results for both broadcast and row mulch applications. Extensive research has been conducted on VaporSafe® fumigation barrier to assure growers repeatable and reliable performance. Results indicate that fumigant rates based on gallons per acre may be reduced by as much as 10% to 50% under VaporSafe® while still maintaining efficacy and yields.
EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) buffer zones can be significantly decreased by utilizing a TIF Film to regain valuable planting acres. VaporSafe® lowers the EPA Buffer Zone restrictions by an impressive 60% over standard films. Utilizing VaporSafe® (TIF) can maximize production acres significantly impacting your overall bottom line.
- Reduced fumigant rates without loss of efficacy
- Uniform surface soil fumigant distribution
- High fumigant retention rates
- Built to withstand installation duress
- Exceeds all current EPA standards
- Lower VOC emissions into the atmosphere
- Designed for optimal UV resistance
- Maximize yield performance
- significantly reduces fumigant odor problems
Raven SoilSeal™ fumigation films are the non-barrier version of the VaporSafe® product line.
SoilSeal™ is manufactured from linear-low-density premium polyethylene in a multi-layer film configuration to provide exceptional tear and impact strength, ease of installation and removal, and long-term field performance.
SoilSeal™ is available in broadcast and row mulch (SoilSeal™ RM) films, and is manufactured using a blown-extrusion process that orients the film in both machine and transverse directions, providing superior strength characteristics.
SoilSeal™ RM row mulch films are formulated with premium resins and select thermal and UV stabilizers to provide the following superior performance characteristics.
- Outperforms competitive row mulch strengths by over 2 times
- Enhanced elongation & flexibility to easily conform to field surface
- UV stabilized for increased service life up to one season
- High strength polyethylene to survive install and removal duress
- Premium grade blown film for superior tear resistance
SoilSeal™ RM film can also aide in the reduction of topical chemicals applied for weed control and the labor to maintain.
Contact our experienced Ag sales staff to discuss distribution opportunities or with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org